Call for Presentation Proposals
Proposals are being accepted for the conference until March 30, 2021 through our Easy Chair proposal area . Accepted conference presenters will be asked to submit a 15-minute video (by May 8th) and take part in your allocated 15 minute live-streamed Question & Answer time during the conference.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The theme for the 2021 conference is: Sustainability in online music teaching. We welcome paper presentations, research presentations, posters and panel discussions focused on the conference theme as well as topics that relate to teaching music online at the tertiary level.
Please consider submitting a proposal for a presentation at the 2021 Teaching Music Online in Higher Ed (TMOHE) Conference. You are invited to contribute to the conference in a variety of forms:
- Paper presentation
- Research presentation
- Panel discussion
- Virtual Poster (for Bachelor and Graduate Students)
This is a blind peer-reviewed conference. Authors and presenters are invited to upload their submissions in English through this Easy Chair conference area. Please log into Easy Chair (you will need to create an Easy Chair account prior to submission). Submissions must be original and should not contain previously presented data.
Proposal formats include the following three options:
- For paper presentation, submit a 3,000 – 4,000 word paper with 150-word abstract); or
- For research presentations, submit a 400-word abstract (plus references); or
- For a virtual poster, submit a 400-word abstract (plus references).
Note: All presented papers are eligible for submission to the International Journal on Innovations in Online Education’s 2021 special edition in Online Music Teaching.
Submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
Relevance to the conference theme “Teaching Music Online in Higher Education”; Clarity and accessibility of writing style; Innovation of approach, research, practice-based model, and relevance in Higher Education; Relevant use of literature (i.e., appropriateness of references); Relevance of methodology, techniques used, or modes of inquiry (may not apply for all posters); Overall scholarship and quality of the submission
- Proposal submission Deadline: March 1, 2021
- Notification to authors: April 1, 2021
- Authors’ 15-minute Video Presentation Uploaded to Dropbox: May 8, 2021
- Early Conference Registration: until April, 20, 2021
- Late Registration: After April 21, 2021
- Conference: June 3 and 4 (USA and Europe) and June 4 and 5 (Australia)
We hope to see you at our online conference in June 2021!